Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio Not Working After Update

In app and on website audio not working after recent iOS7 update on my iPad2. Audio works fine on music player and directly on YouTube app, but not imbedded YouTube clips. Some games audio also not working. I installed iOS7 when it was first released and everything was fine. Last night the iPad updated to 7.0.4 and now no audio.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 15, 2014 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2014 12:07 PM

If you lost sounds for keyboard clicks, games or other apps, and notifications, system sounds may have been muted.

System sounds can be muted and controlled two different ways. The screen lock rotation can be controlled in the same manner as well.

Settings>General>Use Side Switch to: Mute System sounds. If this option is selected, the switch on the side of the iPad above the volume rocker will mute system sounds.

If you choose Lock Screen Rotation, then the switch locks the screen. If the screen is locked, you will see a lock icon in the upper right corner next to the battery indicator gauge.

If you have the side switch set to lock screen rotation then the system sound control is in the control center. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to get to control center . Tap on the bell icon and system sounds will return.

If you have the side switch set to mute system sounds, then the screen lock can be accessed in the same manner as described above.

This support article from Apple explains how the side switch works.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4085

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2014 12:07 PM in response to SystemG

If you lost sounds for keyboard clicks, games or other apps, and notifications, system sounds may have been muted.

System sounds can be muted and controlled two different ways. The screen lock rotation can be controlled in the same manner as well.

Settings>General>Use Side Switch to: Mute System sounds. If this option is selected, the switch on the side of the iPad above the volume rocker will mute system sounds.

If you choose Lock Screen Rotation, then the switch locks the screen. If the screen is locked, you will see a lock icon in the upper right corner next to the battery indicator gauge.

If you have the side switch set to lock screen rotation then the system sound control is in the control center. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to get to control center . Tap on the bell icon and system sounds will return.

If you have the side switch set to mute system sounds, then the screen lock can be accessed in the same manner as described above.

This support article from Apple explains how the side switch works.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4085

Mar 15, 2014 1:20 PM in response to Demo

Hi Demo,

This did not work for me though. Any guidance? I have side key to lock rotation and control screen shows un muted. This all began for me when I originally downloaded OS 7.0. It has been hit and miss ever since.

Some times when I have had sound the sound is so poor I have to go to my iphone to listen to something. Spending time today to figure out the problem.

Thanks in advance

Audio Not Working After Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.