Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs and books purchased downloaded and used appear grey in listings on touch and are not available for downloading on iPod touch. No cloud symbol. Not able to reload from iTunes. Just in lists in grey. Space on device ok. Help!! Please.

My mother really loves her iPod touch, but it has developed an issue I cannot get to the bottom of.

She has purchased music videos and books from iTunes and downloaded them. She has played and use them.

A small selection of these files now appear greyed out on her iPod touch. There does not seem to be any consistency with names as to a reason for corruption. They do not appear to be downloadable again. There is no cloud logo. There is no downloads in process according to her copy on iTunes or her iPod touch. There is sufficient space on her device for these downloads.

I am not sure where to go next with this… Any sensible suggestions?

iPod touch (2nd generation)

Posted on Feb 15, 2014 1:33 PM

1 reply

Feb 15, 2014 1:41 PM in response to Hathornefer

What is exactly is show when she tries to redownload by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

Does it say installed or what?

I suspect that they are corrupted on the iPod.

If the all try deleting them and redownloading them or syncing them to the iPod.

If not successfully, try restoring from backup

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

Next would be to restore to factory settings/new iPod

Songs and books purchased downloaded and used appear grey in listings on touch and are not available for downloading on iPod touch. No cloud symbol. Not able to reload from iTunes. Just in lists in grey. Space on device ok. Help!! Please.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.