Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic board replacement?

Hello all,

Does anyone know how much it costs to have the logic board replaced in my 21.5 inch mid 2011 iMac (2.5GHz)? I would also like to have the hard drive replaced with an ssd. How much for that?

Thanks,

David

iMac, Mid 2011 iMac

Posted on Feb 15, 2014 5:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2014 5:32 PM

Logic board is on he order of $500-700, a lot depending on exct model. SSDs can be estimated by looking at sources like OWC, http://www.macsales.com and depend heavily on the size.

24 replies

Feb 15, 2014 5:34 PM in response to David 14

I take it it is no longer covered by Applecare/warranty? Logic board replacements are somewhere in the vicinity of $500 - $800 or so. As far as I know, Apple does not replace hard drives (unless there is a warranty repair and then it would be replaced with the same drive), so I'd check with an AASP as to their prices; you may be better off getting your own SSD (OWC - macsales.com - is an excellent resource) and then simply pay for the labor. Costs are high because iMacs are not easy to dis- and then reassemble.

Feb 15, 2014 5:48 PM in response to Ralph Landry1

See thats the thing. I was clever. The logic board is bad but the hdd is not. What I will have them do is put in an SSD because I already opened the computer and took out the original hard drive. But they wont know that when I take it in. Im gonna tell them that I would like the hdd replaced with and ssd but when they open it there will be no hdd so they will have to put in an ssd.

Logic board replacement?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.