Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X - How to enter decimal numbers for tempo?

I only come here when I am so absolutely frustrated with my problem and trying to fix it myself, so if I come off as tense please excuse me.

I've been using Logic Pro X for a few weeks. I want to start a serious project, I want to remix a song. So I go find a song, and I find the BPM - 70.1. Great. Now to put in my BPM space- it comes out as 701. How could that be? Well, genius! You can't put decimals in the BPM. How swell. /s.

I know there's a way to do it, it would be absolutely ridiculous for you to NOT be able to do it, but why not let you in the first place? Why make me go through the trouble of enabling it, especially if you're going to like ACTIVELY HIDE IT FROM ME?

Logic Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), #mad

Posted on Feb 15, 2014 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2017 8:51 AM

Saw there is no answer for this. Right click in the control bar and go to customize. Then in the drop bar under where it says LCD change the setting to "Custom". Then you see the tempo with decimal places.

4 replies

Jul 7, 2017 1:39 AM in response to BakerzBakery

Kenomi is on the right track - after right-clicking on the control bar, you should get a "Customise Control Bar & Display" message, then check "Custom" under LCD... then last but not least, you need to check "Tempo/Project Field".

User uploaded file

This should bring up the tempo field in your display, & you can either enter tempos with decimals by double clicking on the tempo field & typing, or by clicking on the zeros after the decimal point & scrolling up or down with a mouse.

Hope it helps...

Feb 15, 2014 9:22 PM in response to parkasteve

As I'm staying on my stable Logic 9, 10.6.8 computer I'll admit that I'm just guessing here.

Try going into Logic's Preferences and turning on ALL of the "Advanced Tools"

Evidently Apple didn't want to scare off GarageBand users with too many technicalities so for many users Logic defaults to "Garageband Mode" which seems to randomly eliminate many of Logic's "advanced" features.

Evidently Garageband upgraders are the target market thses days.

Logic Pro X - How to enter decimal numbers for tempo?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.