Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Connected to Wi-Fi But No Internet

I'm pretty sure this question has been posed a billion times, but there hasn't been a solution I've seen that works and its really ******* me off.

My Macbook Pro Retina 13 just suddenly stopped working with my roommate's router, after having no issues with it for months. System networks settings show that it is indeed connected to his network, I run diagnostics and it says there is nothing wrong, that I'm fully connected, which is horse crap. Everyone else's device including my phone and old macbook (from which i'm tying from) can connect but my macbook pro can't. Anyone have a solution (and NOT a link to Apple's internet diagnostics because it doesn't work).

Posted on Feb 15, 2014 6:49 PM

12 replies

Feb 28, 2014 7:47 AM in response to waynechriss

I have had the same issue and searched the forums and found nothing that helped. I contacted apple support and this is what they told me to do:

First we’ll do the SMC reset

1.) Shut down the Mac and connect to power source.

2.) Unplug external devices, flash drives, external monitors, external HD (Keep the Mac plugged into power source)

3.) Hold down “Shift” + “Control” + “Option” (On the left side of the keyboard) + Power key for 30 seconds.

*The Mac should remain powered off during the reset, the LED on the MagSafe Adapter may change colors.

**The “Option” key is also known as the “Alt” key on some Macs.

Awesome, now let’s reset the NVRAM

1.) Locate these keys “Command”, “Option, “P” & “R”

2.) Power on your Mac

3.) Immediately press and hold all 4 keys “Command” “Option” “P” “R”

4.) Listen for 2 boot chimes and then release.

**The “Option” key is also known as the “Alt” key on some Macs.

Posting this here in the hopes that it will help someone else still searching for an answer.

Macbook Pro Connected to Wi-Fi But No Internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.