Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio file starts playing automatically on a slide, even though I've designated it to start "on click"

This has happened to me in two separate presentations. I've designated a file to begin on a click, but it wants to play automatically. Then when I actually click, it begins playing a second time, simultaneously with the first play.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 15, 2014 7:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2014 7:44 PM

I think I found the problem, so I'll explain here in case anyone else has a similar issue:

If you drag audio onto the canvas from your desktop or finder, it will automatically play when the presentation transitions to that slide. The audio will only play on click if you choose it from the MEDIA menu. From there you can use the builder to designate how and when you want audio files to play.

I ended up deleting the slide and starting again from scratch, only selecting audio to play from the media menu.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2014 7:44 PM in response to lesleym279

I think I found the problem, so I'll explain here in case anyone else has a similar issue:

If you drag audio onto the canvas from your desktop or finder, it will automatically play when the presentation transitions to that slide. The audio will only play on click if you choose it from the MEDIA menu. From there you can use the builder to designate how and when you want audio files to play.

I ended up deleting the slide and starting again from scratch, only selecting audio to play from the media menu.

Audio file starts playing automatically on a slide, even though I've designated it to start "on click"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.