Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The impact of installing games.

hey, I've recentely purchased a mac, and on my previous computer had installed a series of sims 3 games and expasion pacs. and now since i dont use my old computer, would like to install it on my mac. I have installed it on my mac, but have a few questions and concerns about how this may affect my computer.

I was wondering if installing the game would -

• slow the proccess of my mac? like would my mac begin too slow down and lag, due to these changes?
  • ive noticed that when i run the game, the computer heats up.. is that ruining my mac?
  • ive got 500 gb, and each disk usually takes up 6 gb (ive only installed 2 out of the 5 i have).. does the use of gigabites also make your mac slow down, or lag? would it restrict me from accessing things.

overall, i would just like advice and feedback recommending if i should keep the installation, or remove it. i want too know if its worth it, or if its going too ruin my mac.

thanks (: <3

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 15, 2014 10:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2014 10:46 PM

Okay well as you know now Katie, the heat is'nt going to ruin your MacBook.

I'm not a genius with this computer stuff but I think if you don''t have many gb than it would make the computer a bit slower, I'm not entirely sure. I think from what I've learn't about having Sims 3 is that it's alright on your Mac, I wouldn't uninstall it unless you dont want it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2014 10:46 PM in response to kaatie_h

Okay well as you know now Katie, the heat is'nt going to ruin your MacBook.

I'm not a genius with this computer stuff but I think if you don''t have many gb than it would make the computer a bit slower, I'm not entirely sure. I think from what I've learn't about having Sims 3 is that it's alright on your Mac, I wouldn't uninstall it unless you dont want it.

The impact of installing games.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.