Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro gets hot when I play the Sims 3?

I have a MacBook Pro and before I had a laptop of my own I used to play the sims 3 on my parents laptop and it ran perfectly fine. Since I got my laptop I thought I should probably install all my sims games on there so I dont have to use my parents anymore, so I've done this and I've tested it out.

It runs fine and even better than my parents laptop but I haven't had a proper chance to play it because I get scared that my Mac is over heating.

The bottom of it gets really hot so most of the time I just end up getting the **** of sims so I can cool it down.

I don't have it on charge when I play it, but it does sit on my lap or on a pillow.

I'm thinking I should play it on a cool surface like a desk so it doesnt get as hot.

Should I be worried that my MacBoook Pro overheats when playing sims 3?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012)

Posted on Feb 15, 2014 10:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2014 10:19 PM

Hey, Ive got sims aswell (:

I think tha you shouldnt be too worried with the overheating, because this occurs with mine too. maybe test things out and see if you have:

• too many apps running
  • not enough gb
  • too many installments or downloads which may be affecting the compatibility of your mac.

although, i think you shouldnt worry too much, and maybe dont play for a long period of time?

how heated does your mac get? is it burning you, or is it warm, withstandable heat?

how long do you play the sims game until the heat begins too occur?

hope this may of helped, and that others reply! (: answer the questions, help will be easier.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2014 10:19 PM in response to sib_xo

Hey, Ive got sims aswell (:

I think tha you shouldnt be too worried with the overheating, because this occurs with mine too. maybe test things out and see if you have:

• too many apps running
  • not enough gb
  • too many installments or downloads which may be affecting the compatibility of your mac.

although, i think you shouldnt worry too much, and maybe dont play for a long period of time?

how heated does your mac get? is it burning you, or is it warm, withstandable heat?

how long do you play the sims game until the heat begins too occur?

hope this may of helped, and that others reply! (: answer the questions, help will be easier.

Feb 15, 2014 10:21 PM in response to sib_xo

The MacBook Pro is made of aluminum, and this is the reason why it becomes quite hot quickly when you run a heavy app like games.

Games need that the CPU and the GPU work hard, and they are the parts that generate more heat. To keep your MacBook cool, fans should turn on automatically.

You should not be worried just if you note that your Mac is hot. You only have to check if fans are turned on. If you want, you can check the temperature of your Mac with an application like Temperature Monitor.

My MacBook Pro gets hot when I play the Sims 3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.