Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uninstall iTunes to reinstall

I need to uninstall iTunes so that I can reinstall it. iTunes just randomly would not load one day and a message said to reinstall. But I can not uninstall ITunes Mobile Device Support. I run uninstall and it appears to be working but I get no results. It is still there!

Windows Vista, iTunes just randomly would not load

Posted on Feb 15, 2014 10:17 PM

4 replies

Feb 15, 2014 10:30 PM in response to smokyfied

But I can not uninstall ITunes Mobile Device Support. I run uninstall and it appears to be working but I get no results.

First try a repair install of Apple Mobile Device Support. If that goes through successfully, see if you can now uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support.

If the Repair install doesn't help, try using the fixit from the following Microsoft document to remove Apple Mobile Device Support:

Fix problems with programs that can't be installed or uninstalled

Feb 16, 2014 2:07 AM in response to smokyfied

Yes I have been having problems also. iTunes hangs up soon after it lauches and I can not update any of my apple products. Ever since the last update. I have talked to Apple support, but they suggested I reload itunes and try again, but that did not work. I wish Apple would send a new update to fix the problem. I has been almost a month since I have not updated.

Feb 16, 2014 5:17 AM in response to smokyfied

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5901869

Sorry it's long BUT Manual Deletes are Key to Uninstall and REinstall per the AppleSppt guy that helped us.

Read the link at top & 2/16 EDIT and proceed as desired per Link instructions and particularly from expanding the 32-64 and 64-bit System Links in #2.

We had a Registry issue, as stated, with Import/Burn CDs and (starting Over with Uninstall / Re-Install BUT INCLDING Quicktime in the Uninstall Listwas the recommended Fix for That BY Apple Sppt.

Good Luck.

Uninstall iTunes to reinstall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.