Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

rMBP Usb Problem

Hi

I have a mid 2012 15 Inch rMBP and I have problem with one of the USB ports. When I have external drive connected and using Time Machine

it starts backing up and then, after a minute or two, it stops backing up and gives me the error message, "Disk not ejected properly"

I tried repairing the disk, repairing disk permissions and was told that the disk needed to be repaired which I did and the same thing happened.

I erased the disk and the same thing happened. I tried another disk with Time Machine and the same thing happened. Then I tried the same disk

on the other USP port and no problems at all. It seems to be that USB port that is the problem. I tried another external drive that is self powered

on the 'problematic' port and no problems at all. It seems to be a problem with non self powered external hard drives on that USB port.

As a matter of interest, Apple recently replaced the logic board.

Any ideas folks?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 1:02 AM

2 replies

Feb 16, 2014 1:19 AM in response to charlesbt

If Apple replaced the logic board within the past 90 days, or if you have the three-year AppleCare Protection Plan, then take the machine back for another logic board replacement. The USB port is obviously faulty and, as they're soldered onto the logic board, replacement is the only option.

When you pick it up next time, be sure all the ports are working before you leave the Store/Repair Center.

Good luck,

Clinton

rMBP Usb Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.