Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Australian hearing-impaired users of Apple TV discriminated against

I am an hearing-impaired Australian user of Apple TV. It is very important to me that movies have closed captions for me to properly enjoy the movie.

I am finding that Apple quite commonly does not provide subtitles for Australian users where they do actually exist.

I know this because Im able to access US Itunes where the subtitles are provided. There are many examples of this in the past but to illustrate my point currently the following movies *do* have captions on US Apple TV but not Australian:-

Rush, About Time, 2 Guns, Gravity, Blue Jasmin, Diana, Jobs

So clearly Apple has the closed captions but for some reason is not providing for Australian users.

Surely its just a matter of putting in place a procedure to ensure files are synced from one server to another?

So my question is, how do I raise this issue at a high level with Apple so that actions is taken to resolve this issue?

Contacting local Apple support has been a waste of time in the past.

How hard can it be to fix this?

AppleTV 2

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 1:45 AM

1 reply

Feb 16, 2014 5:53 AM in response to DiscriminatedAgainst

Sounds quite daft, but I'm unsure if the movie rights owners provide Apple with files for each country/region or if Apple produces them 'in house'.

Feedback can be sent via:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/appletv.html

There will be a similar link for iTunes.

They won't reply normally.

If you've purchased some of these raise 'an issue' with the purchase via store feedback mechanisms.

Australian hearing-impaired users of Apple TV discriminated against

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.