Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes keeps crashing almost immediately following update 11.1.4.62 (Windows Vista)

After I updated itunes on my windows vista laptop to 11.1.4.62, iTunes now crashes within seconds of opening. I've tried a lot of the suggestions that I could find, e.g. move dll files, running in 'Safe Mode', uninstalling all Apple programs like icloud control panel and then reinstalling, turning off the internet connection, none of the suggestions work. Yesterday, I downloaded some Windows updates and following one itunes crash it then seemed to work normally, in fact I was tidying the iTunes library for hours. Today, however its back to the same, I open iTunes, it crashes within seconds with the messgae that"iTunes has stopped working" and I have no other option but to close the program.

If anyone else has this problem please click 'I have this question too' and perhaps Apple might start working on a fix if enough people say they have this problem. If anyone has fixed this problem (other than those I have tried above) please share so I can try it.

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 2:52 AM

There are no replies.

Itunes keeps crashing almost immediately following update 11.1.4.62 (Windows Vista)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.