Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I delete files in "All My Files" under Finder and Favorites without deleting them in the actual folders? If they will be deleted from the original folders then how do I put them on the external hard drive to save the documents, photos, and videos?

Can I delete files in "All My Files" under Finder and Favorites without deleting them in the actual folders? If they will be deleted from the original folders then how do I put them on the external hard drive to save the documents, photos, and videos?

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), not sure of the operating system.

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 4:58 AM

5 replies

Apr 27, 2017 3:34 PM in response to Yer_Man

Thank you and as I did what you said I said to myself daaaa!!! Whenever I hear APP on mac I automatically think of "APP Store". I am new to mac being a Windows and DOS user for 26 years or so and have been with mac for under 5 years. I still use Windows and I get lost in the vocabulary and thought process. Thank you for your support and speedy response.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.