Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Push notifications are not working on cellular data

Hello Everyone,

I am using iPhone 4S with iOS 7.0.4. I am receiving push notificaitons only when connected to Wifi and not when connected to 3G cellular data. I have enabled push notificaitons to all apps but I dont receive them when phone is not connected to Wifi. Is there anything I need to enable/activate to receive push notificaitons on cellular data?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 8:34 AM

1 reply

Feb 18, 2014 9:47 AM in response to Rangaswamy

Hello Rangaswamy,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information, take a look at:

iOS: Understanding notifications

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3576

Troubleshooting notifications

Push notifications require an active Wi-Fi or cellular connection.

Note: Notifications use Wi-Fi only when a cellular connection is unavailable. Firewalls and proxy servers may affect your ability to receive notifications. For more information, see Unable to use Apple Push Notification service (APNs).

If you're not receiving notifications for a specific app, try these steps:

1. Verify that the app supports notifications.
  2. After installing an app or restoring a backup to a different iOS device, open the app to begin receiving notifications. If the app requires entering or logging in to an account, you will need to do this before receiving notifications.
  3. Check Settings > Notification Center to ensure that the app is configured for notifications. If notifications do not appear in the Notification Center, verify that the Notification Center setting for the app is enabled.

Have a nice day,

Mario

Push notifications are not working on cellular data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.