Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New imovie 11 has turned some photos to blank green screen.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 9:19 AM

4 replies

Aug 3, 2016 3:25 PM in response to GeeD

Thnx GeeD, I was afraid that was the answer. I finally switched from Snow L. to El C. and have an important vid just about done and was sent a few pics to add for a final touch and was shocked to not be able to see or add any photos in iMovie nor from Desktop, which I could before. I tried El. C several months ago but when iMovie wouldn't even open I ran to the genius bar and reverted back. I'm afraid if I upgrade iMovie to 10.1.1 the entire project may be lost cause I heard they revamped the way iMovie works and have no time for a learning curve. Vid is already late. Ugh!!!

Aug 4, 2016 1:50 AM in response to Baron D. Woods

iMovie 10 finds iMovie 9 projects and events and transfers them into iMovie 10 libraries where you can continue to work on them. The iMovie 9 projects and events folders and are left intact so you won't loose them and can still work on them with iMovie 9 - both iMovie versions can co-exist.

It is true that the user interface of iMovie 10 is very different from earlier versions and it takes some time to get used to.

Geoff.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.