Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to remove track icons?

I've been playing around with garageband making a few songs, and one day these icons appeared on the tracks showing me what instrument they are. I don't need these, and they just make the tracks bigger and harder to work with, so is there any way to remove them? I've looked around but can't find anything. Thanks!

iMac

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 10:48 AM

In GarageBand 10? Click the instrument icon and select "No icon"

User uploaded file

But removing the icon does not save much space.

3 replies

Feb 16, 2014 11:30 AM in response to Le Thomas

If it is the track height, you may have a problem with the property lists., see this post by Fred G:

Re: Track Height Stays Large After Using Automation

Hi, I had the same problem and I fixed it by removing the file DisplayState.plist from the Garageband song file. To do it : in the Finder CTRL-clic on the song filename, then select “show Package Content” then "move to trash" the file: Alternatives/000/Autosave/Displaystate.plist. The next time you’ll open the song file with GB it will tell you ”The file “DisplayState.plist” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file” simply clic on OK, and it should be fixed. Save the file before closing GB so a new DisplayState.plist will be created.

Rem: in any case make a backup, before trying it !

Is it possible to remove track icons?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.