Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fotomagico

I'm using fotomagico 4 and on my mac 2011 (software 10.9.1) it has no DVD app. Does anyone know how to burn slideshow?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 9:46 AM

6 replies

Feb 16, 2014 11:24 AM in response to choo

Hi

My Fotomagico was bundled with Roxio Toast - so I use Toast to do the Video-DVD.

alt. are

Burn- a free alternative from Internet. Very simple - Just for doing a plain Video-DVD

Burn http://www.digital-digest.com/software/Burn.html

Gives a fairly good resulting Video-DVD

Free DVD Creator.app- free from Apple Store

(very simple - Quality ?? not sure - looked problematic reg. Interlacing)

So to make a Video-DVD - You NEED a DVD-authoring tool - there are no magic free way in Mac OS as far as anyone here told about.

Data-DVDs - Can store movies - BUT no Video-DVD-Player can play them - only Computers.

Yours Bengt W

Feb 17, 2014 10:39 AM in response to Bengt Wärleby

Thank's Bengt W,

would you explain this please:

"So to make a Video-DVD - You NEED a DVD-authoring tool - there are no magic free way in Mac OS as far as anyone here told about."

Since I need to burn a video-DVD. I had already BURN-app and a slideshow in fotomagico ready to burn, but every time I try to burn, fotomagico kept me no other choice except Toast and IDVD. I don't have either Toast or IDVD.

Would you lead me the steps to burn using BURN-app (I have no experience with fotomagico)

Thank's again bud!

Feb 17, 2014 11:00 AM in response to choo

Hi

I think it's even easier than I first thought.

(I use it to make Blu-Ray BD playable disks - as they are far better than DVDs - BUT NEED Blu-Ray player to be viewed)

First

User uploaded file

Select what kind of project You are doing.

Then

Assemble Your SlideShow (Pictures and Audio)

Then

User uploaded file

Burn Your DVD.

No need to go via Burn.

This goes for FotoMagico 1.8 - Yours most probably more modern. Might differ a bit.

Yours Bengt W

fotomagico

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.