Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

extending via a roaming network disconnects internet

I am trying to create a roaming network using 2 airport extremes and an airport express. The airport extreme #1 is connected to my fios router using the wan port on the extreme #1 and the lan port on the fios router.. thats all well. The airport extreme #2 wan port is connected to the airport extreme #1 Lan port. This causes my internet to go on and off.

Based on the doc to create a roaming network, there is an option listed in the doc to set the first extreme on connection sharing "share a public IP address"... this option no longer exists..

How then can I set up the extreme #2 to be hard wired yet extend the wireless network?

OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 11:49 AM

I figured out my problem. On the extreme #2, you should not select "Extend a wireless network" even though that is what it is doing. Just create the same netwrk name and password.

1 reply

extending via a roaming network disconnects internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.