Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help me choosing the right [refurbished] MBpro for music production?

Hi All,

I've been using an old (core 2 duo) mac book pro that is saying goodbye, therefore I am trying to choose which Mac Book Pro 15" should i buy?

[Working w/Albeton live 9, Logic,Traktor, other music DAW] My choice is going for an apple certified refurbished mac book pro 15", I need an advise choosing between:

Option A:

2.7Ghz Qcore i7 Non-Retina (June 2012)

15.4-inch LED-backlit Hi-Res antiglare widescreen display

8GB (2 x 4GB) of 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM

1TB Serial ATA @ 5400 rpm

8x double-layer SuperDrive

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory

+++ Still have a the optical drive, Firewire, USB etc. (easy for working w/synth, dj equipment and other hardware devices) and most important -can be upgraded in the future [Maybe SSD or 7200 HHD w/External HHD?]

Option B:

2.3Ghz Qcore i7 (October 2013)

15.4-inch (diagonal) Retina display

16GB of 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM

512GB Flash Storage1

720p FaceTime HD camera

Intel Iris Pro Graphics and NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

+++ A Newer version w/flash and higher Ram etc.Slightly Cheaper (-$300)

--- working with external dvd drive, external HHD and won't be able to upgrade later.

>>> Both are around the same prices ($2k-2.5k). and comes with 1y warranty + option to add a 3y apple care.

Based on your experience (with music production or any other heavy users) which one will be a "last longer" or a better choice?

Thank U, Your help is much appreciated!

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 11:30 AM

1 reply

Help me choosing the right [refurbished] MBpro for music production?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.