Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong DVD drive opens on 2009 Mac Pro

Hello,

I have a 2009 Mac Pro with two DVD drives. Since upgrading to Mavericks, I've noticed some unusual behavior:

1. Ocassionally, the incorrect DVD drive ejects/opens. For example, when I attempt to open the top drive, the bottom one opens, and vice-versa.

2. Ocassionally, when I simultaneously burn 2 DVDs of the same items, I find that one of the DVD drives burns all of the items without problems, while the other one only burns a small number of the items.

3. After inserting a blank DVD, and selecting the "Burn (item name) to disc" from the right-click menu, a long time passes before the "Are you sure you want to burn..." dialogue box appears.

Has anyone else experienced this constellation of symptoms? Are they connected? And what sorts of remedies have worked?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Berwynman

Mac Pro

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 1:27 PM

There are no replies.

Wrong DVD drive opens on 2009 Mac Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.