Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to change country but keep getting "You have at least one incomplete pass. Passes must be completed before you change stores" How do i complete passes

Trying to change country but keep getting "You have at least one incomplete pass. Passes must be completed before you change stores" How do i complete passes

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2016 11:09 PM

So this may be useful and it may not...

I was trying to download something and my iTunes app told me it was only available in Australia so I switched stores thinking it was no big deal. Once I learned of my great error, I tried switching back in my settings and got the same season pass response. The season pass I have is for a show I purchased before ever switching countries! Anyway, after spending far too much time and frustration, I decided to try switching back the same way I originally had. I found a song that was only available in US/Canada iTunes And tried searching it in my web browser and the same original pop up appeared asking if I wanted to switch to US iTunes. It worked! You just have to find something that's only available in the country you're trying to switch to, and you should get a wonderful pop up asking u to switch (season pass or not).

I hope this was helpful. Good luck!

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2016 11:09 PM in response to flexcapacitor

So this may be useful and it may not...

I was trying to download something and my iTunes app told me it was only available in Australia so I switched stores thinking it was no big deal. Once I learned of my great error, I tried switching back in my settings and got the same season pass response. The season pass I have is for a show I purchased before ever switching countries! Anyway, after spending far too much time and frustration, I decided to try switching back the same way I originally had. I found a song that was only available in US/Canada iTunes And tried searching it in my web browser and the same original pop up appeared asking if I wanted to switch to US iTunes. It worked! You just have to find something that's only available in the country you're trying to switch to, and you should get a wonderful pop up asking u to switch (season pass or not).

I hope this was helpful. Good luck!

Mar 20, 2017 9:06 PM in response to Homerzak

I can shed some more light on this.

I had this exact problem with Gotham Season 1, that finishes around 2 years ago, but was still shown as a current pass on my account page. This prevented me from changing regions.

After going through a very painful customer support process that took almost 6 months, Apple finally managed to coordinate with a so-called content provider to flag the season pass as completed, so that I could finally change the region. Bad luck for me, I have now the same problem with Westworld Season 1 which has been completed weeks ago but still shows up as incomplete - so I still can't change my region

The only way to fix this problem is getting in touch with customer support. They will forward you to a senior advisor which, in return, will contact the engineers, which, in return will need to work with the content providers on flagging the season as completed.

Someone forgetting to tick a box can really cause a lot of frustration.

Feb 18, 2014 8:42 AM in response to Homerzak

Hi Homerzak,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

See this article for more information if you receive an error message about an incomplete pass when trying to change the country setting in iTunes:

I can't change the country of my iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, or Mac App Store account

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5375

All the best,

Jeremy

May 31, 2014 2:08 PM in response to jeremy_v

I have the same problem. I found the passes page but it does not show how to complete the passes.

User uploaded file

BTW This is ridiculous. All I did was click an itunes link to an song I heard on a website and iTunes said, "This artist is in not in your countries iTunes store. Would you like to switch to another store to purchase?" I clicked yes and now I can't upgrade my apps, I can't switch back, I can't do anything.

Things I've tried:
• Turning on / off email notifications and clicking save.

• There is nothing else I can do on this page.

Jun 12, 2016 3:24 AM in response to Homerzak

Hello all

I had this exact same problem. I changed from UK to Australia and had an Australian TV show season pass. When the show completed, and I wanted to change back to UK, I could not. It said I had an incomplete season pass, and that I therefore could not change countries.

Deleting the season pass from your "TV shows" list DOES NOT WORK.

I rang Apple iTunes for help (go through the help tab, read through the questions and if yours is not there, there is a link for them to call you).

***note I was on hold for 40 minutes, and then it took a further 40 minutes to come to some sort of resolution***

Anyway, eventually, it transpired that the TV show for which I had a season pass had not "completed" at their end at iTunes. So, the "completing" of a season pass os not up to up, the individual user, but up the the higher powers that be that put the season/ tv show onto iTunes.

So, the answer is, do not download a season pass to anything when you are about to move countries, as your iTunes country might be stuck in the same/old country until the season finishes, and even then, until it is marked as complete by iTunes!

Currently, I am waiting 7-10 days for a response as to whether they can complete the pass, then they are getting back to me. So I am still not back in UK on iTunes yet!

And as an aside, the consequences is I cannot download/ update important UK apps such as banking apps, security apps etc until I change back to UK - very disruptive!

Jun 12, 2016 12:07 PM in response to Homerzak

I am having this same problem - having moved to the US from Australia. The pass should have ended over two months ago. I have been waiting for those two months to change to US iTunes. Apple support are behaving as if this is the first time they have encountered this problem. I have shared the name of the pass multiple times and have now been asked to share a screenshot of the pass as still active. No idea what new information that will give them.

The reason I am writing here is that when we started the interaction they deleted the shows from my account. If they offer to do the same for you, decline. It doesn't solve the issue and just means you also can't watch the shows! If anyone finds a solution, I am very keen to hear it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.