Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get rid of old Safari plugin?

Every time I start Safari (7.0.1 on osx 10.9.1) I get this message, which I have to manually dismiss.

I've looked in Safari Extensions and it's not there. How can I get rid of this plugin? I've searched for the name on my mac and cannot find it.

User uploaded file

PS: I have a similar issue with Mail 7.1 and a plugin called UnsubMailPluginMailAppOSX.

MacBook, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2014 6:55 AM

Your image is broken, so it's hard to be sure what the problem is. But one standard location for plug-ins is in the folder

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins

You can triple click to select the whole line, then control click on the selection and choose "Services" then "Open" to get there.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2014 6:55 AM in response to Jim Oberst

Your image is broken, so it's hard to be sure what the problem is. But one standard location for plug-ins is in the folder

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins

You can triple click to select the whole line, then control click on the selection and choose "Services" then "Open" to get there.

Feb 17, 2014 7:54 AM in response to CT

CT, Thanks.

Odd you can't see the image; I can. Anyway, the plugin causing problems is SplashID.bundle (null) (v6.0.4). The message says that it hasn't been tested with Safari 7.0.1 and has not been loaded.

It's not in the directory you sent me to.

I did find the mail plugin that was causing similar problems in /library/mail/bundles and deleted it, and that fixed the issue. But I can't find this SplashID.bundle anywhere.

Jim.

How to get rid of old Safari plugin?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.