Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is it that with iOS 7, pictures do not fit the screen?

When I try to set pictures as the background on my iPhone 5, they do not scale to the screen. Although a little problem that I have tried to ignore, it's become very annoying. It only started doing this after I updated to iOS 7 and had carried on through the updates. Help!!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 1:28 PM

1 reply

Feb 18, 2014 9:01 AM in response to bkraeutle14

Hi bkraeutle14,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

If pictures you set as wallpaper are not scaling correctly, for example they appear too "zoomed in," you can reduce screen motion to minimize this behavior:

iOS 7: How to reduce screen motion

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5595

iOS 7 uses a parallax effect to create the perception of depth on your Home screen and elsewhere.

To reduce the effect, you can turn on Reduce Motion in Settings > General > Accessibility.When you turn on Reduce Motion, Home screen transitions will fade instead of zoom.

When the parallax effect is on, you may notice the following:

• Wallpaper, icons, and alerts shift slightly as you move your phone.
  • When you set a wallpaper in Settings > Wallpapers & Brightness, the photo or image will be slightly zoomed and can't be scaled to fit the screen.

If you zoom in, you will need to rescale your wallpaper to fit to the screen. You can't rescale certain photo formats, including landscape or square images.

To learn more about iOS 7, refer to the user manual.

All the best,

Jeremy

Why is it that with iOS 7, pictures do not fit the screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.