Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Sound - Windows 8.1 on IMac 27 (mid 2011)

Used a whole day now scanning the web for solutions to this problem.

Used boot camp to create a USB stick with my x64 Windows 8.1 enterprise edt. Booted on it and installed Windows 8.1.

I then ran the BootCamp5.1.5621 msi, which installed all drivers.

However: The sound is not working.

In:

Device Manager, under "Sound, video and game controllers", I have only "AMD High Defintion Audio Device" (working).

System devices, I have "High Definition Audio Bus" (working) and "High Definition Audio Controller" (not working).

I have no cirrus logic devices (as I did under Windows 7)

When I check my sound settings I see only "AMD HDMI Output" (Not plugged in).

Please advice on how to get sound working.

iMac

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 4:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 1:19 AM

i have this problem too, help plz.

5 replies

Apr 30, 2014 1:30 AM in response to casper@ease

Same problem also for me,

installed Win 8.1 yesterday, with several problems caused MBR/GPT, solved with a dedicated HDD.

All drivers were successfull installed with the exception of High definition Audio.

I've tried to reinstall all drivers, also for the Graphic Adapter (in ATI site there are some drivers more updated for bootcamp), I've downloaded Realtek HD Audio from official web site, installed but the error still remains.

I don't know what to do, the only thing that i've noticed is that the driver that is not working is a Microsoft driver and not a specific driver. I suppose that in bootcamp there's not the right driver for our Audio Card.

Will do a further search tonight in OSX System information to see what hw is on board, to search it on the net.

Please support us !

Regards

May 6, 2014 10:49 AM in response to casper@ease

I am having this same issue, I worked around it for $8 and/or using my bluetooth headphones instead. I didn't think it would work but after pairing my bluetooth headphones and resetting the bluetooth headphones(http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-HBS-730-Bluetooth-Headset/dp/B009A5204K/ref =sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399397810&sr=8-1&keywords=lg+wireless+bluetooth+headset) to the default input/output sound in the Preferences app, viola it worked, sound, beautiful music to my ears. I also bought an external USB sound card/dongle(http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001MSS6CS/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&p sc=1) that worked great also, no setup, no mus, no fuss, for only $8...hope this helps.... 🙂

May 10, 2014 7:17 AM in response to casper@ease

Hi Dragon, I think that is a solution only for Apple.

They don't want to permit to anyone to use other than OSX but there are not enough games in their OS.

It's not a solution to connect any additional item because they don't want to release a specific driver...

So I've decided, iMac is now away from my house 👿 and I'm returned to PC, now I can do anything I want, away from their "gold" jail.

No Sound - Windows 8.1 on IMac 27 (mid 2011)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.