Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i recently had a friend update my windows and the most important part of my laptop is my ITunes & when i went on ITunes all of my songs have been deleted there has to be a way to get them back in my library? what do i do to get them back? I paid i

aI paid a small fortune to have a very big Music Library and all of my songs are gone? How do i get them back? There has to be some way to have over 2000 + songs put back into my own Library how do i do that?

Toshiba A505, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 4:44 PM

1 reply

Feb 17, 2014 1:26 AM in response to yzzguy

What exactly did your friend do ? Did you or he take a backup of your iTunes library before updating your computer ? Have you checked to see if your music is still on your computer ? By default your iTunes library is stored under :

• Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\
  • Windows Vista: \Users\username\Music\iTunes
  • Windows 7 and Windows 8: \Users\username\My Music\iTunes

If it's there then you can add it to your iTunes library via File > Add To Library.

If not then do you have a copy of your library on a backup ? If you do then use File > Add To Library to add it back.

If you haven't got a backup then you might, depending upon what country that you are in and if the music is still in your country's store, be able to redownload your iTunes purchases via the Purchased link under Quicklinks on the right-hand side of the iTunes store homepage.

i recently had a friend update my windows and the most important part of my laptop is my ITunes & when i went on ITunes all of my songs have been deleted there has to be a way to get them back in my library? what do i do to get them back? I paid i

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.