Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone does not appear in iTunes

Hello.

Since the last update to Windows 8.1 on 13-02-2014, my iPhone 3GS no longer appears in iTunes, so it is not possible to sync it. Following advice on other forums, I reinstalled iTunes (it was already the current version, 11.1.4.62) and restarted the Apple Mobile Device Support, but neither has had any effect.

Has anyone else had this issue? Would be very grateful for other suggestions (short of getting a newer iPhone).

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.1.3, iTunes 11.1.4.62; Windows 8.1

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 4:59 PM

7 replies

Feb 23, 2014 7:18 AM in response to gleeesol

Same issue as both before. There are steps to fullow posted before from support staff. Check AMDS service and stop/start the service, after disconnecting the phone and closing ITunes. I did this several times, so next step is uninstall then reinstall ITunes. Testing it now. My problem is with current version of ITunes 11.1.4.62. My Phone is 4G series. Cloud was working over all, but could not update phone by connecting with perfect cables. Now fully installed ITunes - IPhone connected Windows 8 sees it, but ITunes not doing anything with it. In the page supported they claim a third party program may be causing issue. Everytime I connect to same computer phone asks if I trust this computer. OS for phone is 7.0.6 - no know issue there. Right now no way to allow anything but music through Cloud. So after 2 reinstalls in less than 30 days, problems still exist!!!

iPhone does not appear in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.