Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Stream - do photos delete once they're in a new event?

Hello!

My photos automatically sync from my camera roll on my phone to a monthly photo stream event (i.e. "Jan 2014 Photo Stream"). When I want to save photos, I cut them from the photo stream & paste them in their own, new event to keep things organized.
However, I'm worried that these photos will automatically delete once my photo stream has reached 1,000 photos since they originated from the photo stream... does that make sense, and are my fears legitimate??

Any feedback is appreciated! Thanks, Lauren

iPhoto '11, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 6:00 PM

1 reply

Feb 17, 2014 6:42 AM in response to bowersl14

However, I'm worried that these photos will automatically delete once my photo stream has reached 1,000 photos since they originated from the photo stream... does that make sense, and are my fears legitimate??

Don't worry, the photos in your monthly events are part of your iPhoto library and will stay, when they are purged fom your Photo Stream.

But to be on the safe side, don't forget to make regular backups of your iPhoto library.

Photo Stream - do photos delete once they're in a new event?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.