Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with ffwd + rwd for HBO Go

For the last 2 weeks my apple TV freezes when trying to fast forward or rewind HBO Go programs - meaning I can't ffwd or rwd at all when using HBO Go. I am still able to ffwd and rwd non-HBO Go video. Any tips?

AppleTV 2

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 5:21 PM

5 replies

Feb 25, 2017 5:23 PM in response to smtalsky

seriously !

FFD is borderline not usable. I have to exit out to home screen and find/play the program again and hope for the best trying to go back to the same spot.

it appears that if the show is not buffered to the spot that you're trying to FF to, it will just hang indefinitely .

it's a really bad crash because even going back to the beginning does not fix it. Have to exit the app.

can this be fixed asap?

Jul 4, 2014 12:50 PM in response to smtalsky

Normal Apple TV rewind and fast forward on HBO GO does not seem to work anymore, but chapter skipping does. To jump ahead or backwards, press the DOWN button on the Apple TV remote. This will show you the bar with the segments, little black lines on the blue bar. Now click left arrow or right arrow in order to skip a segment back or forward. Click the Play button if it freezes. Hope that helps!

Issues with ffwd + rwd for HBO Go

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.