Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Endnote automatically opening?

Hi all!

I'm running Endnote x7 along with Pages 5.1. Everything is working fine, however whenever I open a document in Pages, Endnote takes it upon itself to open along with it! I've searched in both the Endnote menus and Pages menus to no avail, and I cannot find a setting to turn that feature off. Does anybody know if there's anything I can do? It's not a major issue, but it does get quite annoying after awhile.

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 6:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2014 2:52 AM

Open EndNoteX7 and press "Customizer" from the EndNote X7 menu

Then deselect the option "Services for mac OS X" then press next. after done all that just restart Pages

It should work now.

2 replies

Feb 14, 2016 11:32 AM in response to Alorfi

Hi,

EndNote X7.5 also launches automatically when stating MS Word. It started with the latest 7.5 version. Unselecting CWYR in the EndNote Customizer removes all EndNote features in Word. Unselecting Services for Mac OS X" does not solve the problem for Word (it does for Pages).

Any ideas on how to stop EndNote X7.5 from starting on its own everytme I launch Word?

Thanks,

Lucas

Endnote automatically opening?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.