Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pictures marked as "Delivered", but recipient never receives them

My iMessage started messing up about three days ago. I've tried resetting my networks settings, turn iMessage and MMS Messaging on and off and is still not working. It's only pictures, my regular messages go though but my recipient says they've never received the pictures. The only way I've found out around it is to turn off iMessage and send a picture as a text message and my receipt receives them. I don't want to have to turn iMessage off every time just to send a picture and I like keeping it on. Is anyone else having the same problem? I don't want to have to restore my phone, I think it's Apples servers or something, but I don't know. Please help me! It's making me mad

iPhone 5s, iOS 7

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 10:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 8:00 AM

Hey lijahg,

Thanks for the question. I understand that you are experiencing issues with iMessage. The following resource may provide a solution:

iOS: Troubleshooting Messages

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2755

To resolve issues with sending and receiving iMessages, follow these steps first

1. Check iMessage system status for current service issues.

2. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and make sure that you have registered iMessage with your phone number or Apple ID and that you have selected iMessage for use. Learn more about troubleshooting iMessage registration if the phone number or Apple ID isn't available for use.

3. Open Safari and navigate to www.apple.com to verify data connectivity. Learn more about troubleshooting cellular data or a Wi-Fi connection if a data connection isn't available.

4. iMessage over cellular data might not be available while on a call. Only 3G and faster GSM networks support simultaneous data and voice calls. Learn more about which network your phone supports. Go to Settings > Wi-Fi and turn Wi-Fi on to use iMessage while on a call if your network doesn't support simultaneous data and voice calls.

5. Restart your device.

6. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings on your iPhone.

If you are still unable to send or receive an iMessage, follow these steps

1. Make sure that the contact trying to message you isn't blocked in Settings > Messages > Blocked.

2. Verify that the contact you are attempting to send a message to is registered with iMessage.

3. If the issue occurs with a specific contact or contacts, back up or forward important messages and delete your current messaging threads with the contact. Create a new message to the contact and try again.

4. If the issue occurs with a specific contact or contacts, delete and re-create the contact in the Contacts application. Create a new message to the newly created contact and try again.

5. Back up and restore your device as new.

Thanks,

Matt M.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2014 8:00 AM in response to lijahg

Hey lijahg,

Thanks for the question. I understand that you are experiencing issues with iMessage. The following resource may provide a solution:

iOS: Troubleshooting Messages

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2755

To resolve issues with sending and receiving iMessages, follow these steps first

1. Check iMessage system status for current service issues.

2. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and make sure that you have registered iMessage with your phone number or Apple ID and that you have selected iMessage for use. Learn more about troubleshooting iMessage registration if the phone number or Apple ID isn't available for use.

3. Open Safari and navigate to www.apple.com to verify data connectivity. Learn more about troubleshooting cellular data or a Wi-Fi connection if a data connection isn't available.

4. iMessage over cellular data might not be available while on a call. Only 3G and faster GSM networks support simultaneous data and voice calls. Learn more about which network your phone supports. Go to Settings > Wi-Fi and turn Wi-Fi on to use iMessage while on a call if your network doesn't support simultaneous data and voice calls.

5. Restart your device.

6. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings on your iPhone.

If you are still unable to send or receive an iMessage, follow these steps

1. Make sure that the contact trying to message you isn't blocked in Settings > Messages > Blocked.

2. Verify that the contact you are attempting to send a message to is registered with iMessage.

3. If the issue occurs with a specific contact or contacts, back up or forward important messages and delete your current messaging threads with the contact. Create a new message to the contact and try again.

4. If the issue occurs with a specific contact or contacts, delete and re-create the contact in the Contacts application. Create a new message to the newly created contact and try again.

5. Back up and restore your device as new.

Thanks,

Matt M.

Pictures marked as "Delivered", but recipient never receives them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.