Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My FaceTime calls a stranger. Very awkward

If you are using Facetime to call a friend and a total stranger picks up it maybe because you have an old number still in their contact info.

For instance, ever since I updated my Iphone with the new OS and called my sister using "Facetime" if she did not answer some person that I did not know would answer. It was very AWKWARD! Thank god the person was nice and she informed me that she's been receiving Facetime calls from me for over 2 months.

I figured out that I had an old number of my sisters in her contact info on my iPhone. So, whenever I would select "Facetime" to call my sister it would facetime all the numbers and emails that I had for her. One of the numbers I had was an old car phone number of hers. And because I selected "facetime" to call my sister it calls all the info i have for her. Sometimes when I "Factime" my sister she would answer using either her iphone, ipad or Mac computer because Facetime uses all phone numbers and email address you have for that person. That is why whenever my sister did not answer my factime call that total stranger would pick up.

So, if you are having the same problem be sure that the info of the person you are trying to Facetime is up to date and delete all phone numbers and email addresses they are no longer using.

iPhone, iOS 7.0.4, Facetime

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 10:26 PM

There are no replies.

My FaceTime calls a stranger. Very awkward

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.