Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs only play for 10 seconds. What do I do?

I bought some music on my phone. I hooked my phone to my computer and the new songs started downloading into my library on my computer. A message popped up saying there was a problem downloading some of the songs. There was an exclamation point inside a circle next to those songs. At the time there was a cloud with a down arrow next to those songs so I clicked them to re-download the songs. They finished downloading and I synced my phone to my computer. I tried to play those songs, and they play for about 10 seconds or less and then stop. There aren't any cloud symbols next to the songs on my computer or my phone even though I have it checked to show purchases in the cloud. What do I do to fix my songs? They were playing fine before I downloaded them onto my computer. I'm running iTunes 11.1.4.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 8:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2014 11:59 AM

Hey rjfdlf,

That definitely sounds frustrating. If the songs are not playing fully, they may need to be redownloaded. To redownload them, you'll want to delete them from your library. See the following article:

Songs in iTunes may not play back completely

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4357

Symptoms

Occasionally, if a song purchased from the iTunes Store on a Mac or PC was not downloaded completely, the song may not play back fully. The song may abruptly stop during playback, and iTunes may start playing the next song in your library or playlist.

Resolution

If iTunes in the Cloud is available in your country, try the following steps to resolve the issue:

1. Delete the purchased song that is exhibiting the problem from your iTunes library.

2. Click on the Purchased link in the iTunes Store to view your previously purchased music.

3. Download your previously purchased song from this list.

Note: iTunes in the Cloud, which allows you to download previously purchased songs from the iTunes Store, is not available in every country. Learn if iTunes in the Cloud is offered in your country

Thanks,

Matt M.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2014 11:59 AM in response to rjfdlf

Hey rjfdlf,

That definitely sounds frustrating. If the songs are not playing fully, they may need to be redownloaded. To redownload them, you'll want to delete them from your library. See the following article:

Songs in iTunes may not play back completely

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4357

Symptoms

Occasionally, if a song purchased from the iTunes Store on a Mac or PC was not downloaded completely, the song may not play back fully. The song may abruptly stop during playback, and iTunes may start playing the next song in your library or playlist.

Resolution

If iTunes in the Cloud is available in your country, try the following steps to resolve the issue:

1. Delete the purchased song that is exhibiting the problem from your iTunes library.

2. Click on the Purchased link in the iTunes Store to view your previously purchased music.

3. Download your previously purchased song from this list.

Note: iTunes in the Cloud, which allows you to download previously purchased songs from the iTunes Store, is not available in every country. Learn if iTunes in the Cloud is offered in your country

Thanks,

Matt M.

Feb 20, 2014 9:07 AM in response to rjfdlf

I followed Matt's advice, but had to do it a little differently. I deleted the songs from my library. Once that was done a cloud symbol appeared by those songs so they could be re-downloaded. Once the songs were re-downloaded they played fine from my computer, but not on my phone, even after syncing. I had to take all the music off my phone, then put it all back on, and that fixed the problem with them playing from my phone.

Songs only play for 10 seconds. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.