Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So I bought a Used copy of final cut pro 7, but i cant use it because I need a serial number and the serial number that came with it doesn't work. What do I do?

I bought my copy from ebay and when i got it I installed it, but every time i click on final cut pro 7 it asks for a serial number and when i put the on that came with it, it tells me it an invalid serail number. It is kinda making me want ti throw my mac out the window and just stick with windows.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 17, 2014 1:19 AM

3 replies

Feb 17, 2014 11:59 AM in response to flashtaco

First, find out if you bought an "Upgrade" version, or a "Full" version.

If you have an "Upgrade" version, it will require two serial numbers to work - first, the serial number of the last "Full" version you are upgrading from, then the serial number of the "Upgrade" software you are installing.

If you have bought a "Full" version, see this KB article with help entering serial numbers in the Pro Apps:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2005

MtD

So I bought a Used copy of final cut pro 7, but i cant use it because I need a serial number and the serial number that came with it doesn't work. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.