Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes stops playing some songs exactly at 3:40

I've been having this issue since the past version and I currently have the latest one 11.1.4 for Windows (64-bit).

When I import songs (mp3 and aac), some of them not all, stop playing when they get to the minute 3:40, It's weird because you can see how the timeline skips from that minute to end of the song.

For example, if I play a song of 5 minutes and 30 seconds, when it reaches 3:40 it suddenly goes to the end of the song. Another thing is that if I try to convert the same song with the issue to another format, the song gets chopped to 3:40.

It also happens if I import songs from a CD, for example, if the CD has 12 songs, maybe 3 or 4 will be chopped to exactly 3:40, no matter what format I try to import them.

I've already tried to play the songs with the problem with other media players and I don't have any issues with them, they play correctly, I also tried unistalling and re-installing iTunes completly and I still have the same problem.

Any suggestions on how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Windows 7

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 11:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2014 11:28 AM

Okay, I found the solution to my problem, It turns out it was related to the Gapless Playback Information bug, so I searched and found the solution to that problem that also fixed mine.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5535062?start=0&tstart=0

1 reply

iTunes stops playing some songs exactly at 3:40

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.