Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

alternative to iWeb

I have been trying to find a website builder programme that's as easy as iWeb and I cannot find one! Please advise.

I've tried Wix, Wordpress, Streamline.

They all seem to be 'blind builders', where you work on an edit page and then have to preview, to see what it'll look like. With iWeb you work on the one page, you can see what the end result will be right there in front of your eyes...

I've been struggling for FOURTEEN MONTHS! I try and try, and then it feels like I'm hitting my head against a brick wall so I give up. A few weeks later I'll give it another go, and end up wanting to throw my laptop out the window.

I can't afford a designer and I can't write code.

There doesn't seem to be a middle ground - either it's free template software or very expensive code-writing software. Am I the only one who thinks there should be a middle ground?! I could pay about £150 for some easy to use software that doesn't involve me having to write code.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

HELP ME PLEASE

iWeb '08

Posted on Feb 17, 2014 1:55 AM

2 replies

Feb 17, 2014 9:40 AM in response to EDRM

Everweb is not template bound allowing one to start with a blank page. It's the most iWeb like application out there. I use Flux 4 as it allows both drag and drop as well as direct HTML injection into the page. If you know HTML and like to add it directly Flux 4 works very well.

Another feature I like is the capabilty of using any font you'd like without having to have the font installed on the visiting computer. The learning curve is porbably a bit steeper than Everweb but there are excellent video tutorials available.

OT

Feb 17, 2014 10:31 AM in response to EDRM

Wix and WordPress.com are sites that you build online and then publish to their servers. They are free.

There are lots of other alternative out there however, so take a look at RapidWeaver, Sandvox, Freeway Pro/Express 6, WebAcappella 4, Flux 4 and EverWeb at http://www.everwebapp.com.

Most of these you can download free trials so that you can try before you buy.

alternative to iWeb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.