Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have just purchased a mac book pro. I've linked this to my windows pc to transfer the data from my windows to my mac using the migration assistant. The serial code comes up on both computers but having commenced transfer it then stops! why?

I have tried to transfer data from my old Windows PC to my new MacBook Pro via Ethernet cable. The function starts to download and then aftera while it stops unexpectedly and both computers say they are "trying to reconnect"> This transfer has failed on three attempts so far. What am I doing wrong? Help please. I am simlply tyring to transfer my itunes library and photos to the new Mac.

Mac Pro, The Mac is new so it's an OX system

Posted on Feb 17, 2014 5:58 AM

1 reply

I have just purchased a mac book pro. I've linked this to my windows pc to transfer the data from my windows to my mac using the migration assistant. The serial code comes up on both computers but having commenced transfer it then stops! why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.