Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot open App Store,iBooks store or safari,my Facebook,Pinterest and yahoo weather also doesn't works even when the wifi is connected only chrome works.

Everything was working perfectly since the day before yesterday,I was using my Facebook app and suddenly I lost Internet connection.I went downstairs to reconnect it the wifi sign soon reappeared but my Facebook app was still not working.I opened my Pinterest app and it wasn't working either.Safari,AppStore and iBooks store also were unable to load anything and their excused was 'no internet connection available'.to make sure that the problem was not with my wifi I went to mcdonalds so that I could connect my iPad to a public wifi and the problem was still there.Only google chrome is working nothing else works.

iPad, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 17, 2014 6:22 AM

1 reply

Feb 19, 2014 7:16 AM in response to L1180

Hello there, L1180.

The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great basics and Wi-Fi troubleshooting specifics:

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1398

After following the initial steps, you may want to then look at this section:

Unable to access the Internet while connected to Wi-Fi

1. If you're using a public or commercial network, you may need to log in or subscribe.
  2. Check to see if you have a self-assigned IP address:
    1. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and locate the Wi-Fi network to which you're connected and tap User uploaded file.
    2. If your IP address is 169.254.xxx.xxx, you may not be able to access the Internet.
  3. If you do not have a self-assigned IP address, see if other Wi-Fi devices on your network have Internet access.
    • If they do not, consult with your network administrator or ISP for further assistance.
    • If they do, reset network settings on your device by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note: This will reset all network settings including:
      • previously connected Wi-Fi networks and passwords
      • recently used Bluetooth accessories
      • VPN and APN settings

Thanks for reaching out ot Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

I cannot open App Store,iBooks store or safari,my Facebook,Pinterest and yahoo weather also doesn't works even when the wifi is connected only chrome works.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.