Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sore fingers on early-2011 MBP - move to magic mouse?

I've just inherited a 13" early-2011 MBP. I've been using ThinkPads before this with the trackpoint rather than a touchpad. Unfortunately after about a week, I'm finding a cross between numbness and soreness in the tips of the fingers on my right hand. I turned on tap to click and three finger drag thinking it was friction but it's still getting worse. I suffer from eczema on my hands usually and have to douse them in Vaseline regularly.

Tried an iPad screen protector on the touchpad and that decreases the sensitivity too much.

Obviously this isn't working out so I'm considering moving to a magic mouse instead.

Does anyone know if I'm likely to experience the same or similar problems with that? If I am, I'll go for a basic Microsoft wireless mouse instead.

Note: I have an iPad and a Windows Phone and I don't have the problem with either of them.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 17, 2014 6:33 AM

There are no replies.

Sore fingers on early-2011 MBP - move to magic mouse?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.