Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Apple give you a discount for making more than one book on aperture

I was thinking of selling several of the books that I create in Aperture on my web site...does Apple provide us a discount if we print more than one book at a given time?

$49.95 is quite an expensive price to buy one book at wholesale and then reselling it would be difficult to sell it for double the price. Any suggestions on the best pricing structure for reselling our photo books.

iMovie '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Feb 17, 2014 5:59 AM

11 replies

Feb 17, 2014 8:50 AM in response to Keith Barkley

Thanks for your response, printing this up by traditional methods outside of Apple would be definitely cost prohibitive. And buying one book to 200 would be well beyond the $49 per book as Apple charges. Their price is good for one book would be nice if they sold a discount for like 10 or 15.

Just was hoping that maybe that might be a discount and make it less expensive if you buy in quantity. Maybe someone else knows more about that.

Feb 17, 2014 10:30 AM in response to léonie

I did search the website and didn't see any discounts. But was thinking others have the same thoughts on this as well.

Kind of wondering, how many of you out there will actually use this service for more than one book and sell them as I want to do?

Hopefully Apple might take a look at this discussion here. However I plan on filing something on this on feedback on Apple.com/feedback and perhaps they will consider it. I would hope the rest of you who want to do the same as me would do the same.

Feb 18, 2014 5:28 AM in response to léonie

Thank you for your help, that's very kind of you. I was figuring would be a general number didn't think it was a specific number but I'm going to check into it.

I'm pretty sure this service is just for one or 2 books and not for someone wanting to sell a small quanity of books...

Being a self published author for 20+ years, I know what it takes to publish a book. Having such a beautiful book with beautiful pictures ln it is providing quite a service. And I thank Apple. I know it is not a cheap process. But I'm always looking for better value for selling my photography to our clients.

Just for the record, if we had to pay for this service, $49.95 would be quite a cheap price for one book. I know, I published many Peacock books ( peafowl.com ) with beautiful pictures of peacocks in it and the cost for printing color is outrageous.

Once again thank you and all the kind people who respond to these questions. This is a very good forum for ansewrs.

Feb 18, 2014 9:28 AM in response to dmfett

I'm pretty sure this service is just for one or 2 books and not for someone wanting to sell a small quanity of books...

It looks like Apple considers books to be presents and not merchandise. Books are listed as "Sharing" in the help texts.

Have you considered to publish your book as an iBook at the iBook store? The iPad is a great way to browse photos.

Feb 18, 2014 4:24 PM in response to léonie

Yes my two books are currently on the iBooks store. And have been there pretty much since iBooks authors was launched. And both of them are doing quite well!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/wacky-world-peafowl-volume/id532559767?

In fact, we have two planned to be launched on the iTunes Store in the few weeks. Also, I have two more in the works before summer is done.

However, since most of my photography is done about beautiful Peacocks, I get hundreds of requests wanting a table top book with beautiful peacock photographs like we have shot since the early 1980s.

Until now printing small quantities of a color table top books has been cost prohibitive. However trying to make a profit and still keep the price cheap is an issue with using this service.

I would be remiss here if I didn't remind everyone that Aperture is a professional product for all of us professional photographers and they are providing us with a professional service they would give us a discount for ordering products and quantities.

When I order professional prints from various color labs we have different price than if I was to go to a box store and buy prints from them. And of course the qualities is hundred times better than the box stores.

I have yet to order a sample book for myself but I'm sure the printing job and the quality of the book is second to none since Apple does such a great job with everything that they do.

Is Apple give you a discount for making more than one book on aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.