Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FIxing iphone 4 battery with broken connector

here's my question(s) in couple of pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/tQuJ1

i just nee a temporary fix for the battery to check whether the phone works or not. if it works i'll buy a new battery and fix the other broken stuff on the phone (display, touch, digitizer assembly, battery and the back plastic cover).

we don't have apple support center in our country and i'll have to wait months before the battery arrives, just so i can troubleshoot the resto of the issues. any help will be greatyly appreciated.

thank you very much. 😀 mile

iPhone 4, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 17, 2014 7:13 AM

4 replies

Feb 17, 2014 12:59 PM in response to Ingo2711

from these 4 subcategories, hardwer looked the most appropriate so i put it there:

Using iPhone

iPhone Hardware

iPhone in Business and Education

iPhone Accessories

or DIY repairs aren't supposed to be part of the forum at all?

the ifixit site had a lot of great guides for parts replacement but not for parts fixing. someone with more in-depth knowledge should know this.

or electronic techincian with volt/ampermeter and an iphone 4 battery should be able to find out the polarity.

thank you for your interest. mile

Feb 17, 2014 1:23 PM in response to mile.gjorgjioski

One of the reasons DIY repairs can't be part of the forum would be, that this will void the warranty of the phone, and Apple will not service devices that have been opened by a 3rd party, not even if you are willing to pay the service fee.

There are probably other forums to be found on the Internet that deal with fixing iPhones, but I don't want to encourage users without this "in-depth knowledge of iPhone electronics" to try something which can go wrong that easily and will leave them with an expensive paperweight.

FIxing iphone 4 battery with broken connector

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.