Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased HBO Game of Thrones with digital copy, all downloaded except 1 episode saying this version requires Quicktime which is not supported by this version of iTunes, what do I need to do to get this episode downloaded?

Purchased HBO Game of Thrones with digital copy, all downloaded except 1 episode saying this version requires Quicktime which is not supported by this version of iTunes, what do I need to do to get this episode downloaded?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Feb 17, 2014 7:40 AM

1 reply

Feb 17, 2014 11:57 AM in response to critchl

Although it's unlikely that just one episode is in a different format than the others, try relaunching iTunes in 32-bit mode first, as per the instructions in the following document:

iTunes for Mac: Older media files may require iTunes to reopen in 32-bit mode

If the problematic episode plays without the message in 32-bit mode, experiment with quitting iTunes and then reopening normally and trying to play the episode again. (Sometimes, for whatever reason, that seems to be able to "shock" a slightly-dodgy episode file into behaving itself.)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.