Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itouch won't sync anything but purchased music

Hey everyone! I have had my ipod touch for about a year now, and lately I have been experiencing a lot of problems with it. I don't know if it's because of all the recent updates or what. My number one issue is that it won't sync music that I haven't purchased. I don't want to pay a lot of money for songs that I have on CDs already, it just isn't worth it. I can drag files to my itunes from a jumpdrive/import a CD no problem, the songs show up on my library. The place they don't show up is on my itouch. When it syncs, I can click on a tab that shows me my music, but a lot of it is grayed out even though it is on my itouch. I am not able to fill the circle allowing my itouch to sync any particular song, it's really confusing. I am trying to avoid restoring it, but if it comes down to it I will do that. I was thinking of possibly selling it to buy an ipod classic because those seem to be easier to work with. Any suggestions on what I should do would be much appreciated, thank you!! 🙂

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2013)

Posted on Feb 17, 2014 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2014 8:09 AM

Was the iPod previous synced to another iTunes library/computer?

Have you successfully synced from this iTunes library/computer before?

If so have you done anything like update iTunes on the computer since it last successfully synced?

Do the songs play in iTunes?

Does any media now sync to the iPod?

Do you have the right boxes checked to sync?

iTunes: Syncing media content to iOS devices and iPod

Try syncing using the manual method

Managing content manually on iPhone, iPad, and iPod

Next would be to restore the iPod

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2014 8:09 AM in response to Marywpse

Was the iPod previous synced to another iTunes library/computer?

Have you successfully synced from this iTunes library/computer before?

If so have you done anything like update iTunes on the computer since it last successfully synced?

Do the songs play in iTunes?

Does any media now sync to the iPod?

Do you have the right boxes checked to sync?

iTunes: Syncing media content to iOS devices and iPod

Try syncing using the manual method

Managing content manually on iPhone, iPad, and iPod

Next would be to restore the iPod

Itouch won't sync anything but purchased music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.