Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacing a clip with a copied clip from the storyline?

I am making a music video. The chorus repeats itself 3 times. I worked on a clip in the storyline at the first time the chorus appeared ("desired first clip") and used placeholders in the storyline for the chorus for the next 2 times. I then used Command+C to copy the desired first clip but am having trouble using the desired first clip to replace the placeholders for the subsequent placeholder clips. When I place the desired first clip over the placeholder clip it just squeezes in, keeping the placeholder clip. I guess, if necessary, I can redrag the clip used from the project folder and replace the placeholder clip and then use the attributes of the desired first clip to modify it, but that seems like a lot of trouble for simply replacing the placeholder clip with the desired first clip. Thanks in advance for your help.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 17, 2014 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2014 8:31 AM

Is the desired clip in the primary or connected? If the primary, copy it and paste as connected. Then use Opt-Cmd-down arrow to collapse into the primary.

2 replies

Replacing a clip with a copied clip from the storyline?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.