Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How long until your book was published?

I recently submitted my manuscript to the Kindle, Nook, Kobo, and iTunes book stores -- all on the same day. It was up and selling the very first day in the first three stores, but still hasn't been published (a week later) in the iTunes store, and naturally Apple doesn't provide any information about when the book will get through the approval process.

What's your experience with how long it took to get published, from the time you submitted the manuscript to when it appeared in the iTunes book store?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), iPhone 5

Posted on Feb 17, 2014 8:45 AM

14 replies

Feb 18, 2014 11:50 AM in response to DennisG

I'm now at 72 hours+ at waiting. Just like you I'm frustrated because everything was finished at Amazon within about 6 hours of my submission. Personally, I believe that if Apple wants to play with the big boys it needs to put on its big boy pants and obtain a turnaround time that's at least as good as Amazon. It feels like iBooks is just a hobby.

Further, if someone buys a Kindle book, they can read it on just about every device in the world--unlike iBooks that can only be read on iOS devices and Mac OS 10.9 computers. You would think that Apple would want to try harder because of that.

Mar 17, 2014 4:16 PM in response to DennisG

My first MultiTouch book was approved in 24 hours. But it was a short picture book. My second, much longer work, submitted on March 14, includes over 100 illustrations, multiple galleries, music, animations...and 60,000 words! I made some really dumb errors in iTunes Producer during the submission stage that required the team at Apple to help. I was in contact with four different professionals on their support team this past weekend via e-mail - all at different levels in their hierarchy. I was straightened out by Sunday afternoon PST so technically my submission date is March 16th. My experience with the folks at Apple so far has been nothing less than amazing. Sterling Customer Support.

One day later...I'm checking status every hour. Of course, I have always been an optimist :-)

Mar 20, 2014 12:26 PM in response to BasilBaker

I'm at 48 hours on my first book, and counting and frequently re-checking.

Question: I looked at my iTunes Connect account under "Manage your books" as recommended and I see.... nothing useful. A little red light under my book that says "not in 51 stores". Not very informative. Those of you with more experience - does that mean something's actively wrong, or just that it hasn't been approved yet?

Mar 20, 2014 4:00 PM in response to MargotV

As "we" have advised... patience is needed to allow the review team to assess your book.

IF it takes longer than 14 working days.... they do not work weekends - than you need to contact iBooks support.

ONLY after you open your iTunesConnect - Manage your Books and also check - iTunesConnect > TICKET HISTORY... your book may have been issued a ticket to advise changes are required.

Apple did send out emails to advise that book status would be advised by email.... I have yet to get one after adding 2 new books to my list!

How long until your book was published?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.