Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Web page loads forever...

When I connect to wifi it says it has a connection but when I try to open safari it loads forever...

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 17, 2014 10:56 AM

7 replies

Feb 17, 2014 11:22 AM in response to Teije

You might curse me for saying this, but you need to provide lots more information.

When do the problems happen? Do you use a router? What kind do you use? Has this happened before? When, and under what conditions? Is it a range problem? Does the problem happen when you're using other browsers? How long does it take to load?

Feb 17, 2014 11:44 AM in response to Teije

When do the problems happen? Morning, afternoon, evening, all the time?

Do you use a router? Which one, and how is it configured?

Have you had this problem before? When?

Have you ever had a clear signal? Under what condiition?

Does it happen only with only Safari, or with other browsers?

I still need answers to all of these questions.

Feb 17, 2014 12:00 PM in response to poikkeus1

They happen all the time, and yes I do use a router but the wifi does work on all the other devices; iphone, ipad, other macbook, imac, pc etc

This problem started like 2 months ago and before that, I never had a problem like this

It happens with all browsers and mail and everything

p.s. I'm sorry I marked everything as helpfull and "solved my question", didn't mean to

Feb 17, 2014 1:03 PM in response to Teije

What brand of router do you use? Have you updated? Do you know then the problem started? Did this happen after a software update?

Is the wifi change depending on how close or far from the router?

We've confirmed it's a wifi issue, that the issue is isolated to your MacBook Pro. The last two questions should clinch what the problem is.

Feb 17, 2014 1:21 PM in response to Teije

I have several options, though your further investigation will determine the problem:

Changing your router number most time works & it's all you have to do.

System Preferences>Network

Click the Assist Me button.

In the next window that pops up, click the Diagnostic button & do the necessary.

See KB Articles: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1401AirPort troubleshooting guide

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2712 Using network locations in Mac OS X

Manually provided DNS server addresses are higher priority than DHCP's

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1714 Solutions for connecting to the Internet, setting up a small network, andtroubleshooting

============================

Also, run the Airport Utility app which is located inside the Utilities folder.

=====================

If using a Linksys router, contact LinkSys Customer Supportand/or post in their forums.

If using Apple's Airport, please re-post over in one of theAirPort Forums.

Web page loads forever...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.