Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMAC EMC 2211 won't turn on, already replaced power supply

Hi all,

I just replaced my power supply on my early 2008 model iMAC EMC 2211 because I figured with my small amount of experience that the power supply was bad....all 4 of the diagnostic LED's do NOT light up. I tried different power cords etc. Everything was working fine, then one day it took a few tries to get it to turn on and then about a week later, I tried to turn it on and it doesn't respond to the power button at all.

Can I test to see if the new power supply I bought it also faulty? It's a new part #661-4478, so I don't think that's the problem...but maybe.

What are the chances that the switch isn't allowing power to get to the power supply?

Any other suggestions? My MAC service guys can't get to it for a month.

Thanks!

Posted on Feb 17, 2014 11:17 AM

1 reply

IMAC EMC 2211 won't turn on, already replaced power supply

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.