Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I re-time a clip that already has audio, with set speed. The audio of said clip does not change with the videos timing variations. It remains the unaltered and no longer matches the video.

I upload the clip into motion 5 and it consists of an mp4 file that already contains audio.

I move that track into the timeline and attach a re-timing to it with set speed.

I can then change the speed of the video but the audio does not react.

Am I meant to link the audio to the video through another method other than presuming it remains together when I uploaded it? Because the audio plays, just not with the speed variations.

Nothing that i've searched for has helped me thus far.

Thanks

Rob

(I'm a begginer with motion 5 and i'm trying to get to grips with it)

Motion 5, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 17, 2014 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2014 3:38 PM

Motion won't do anything to the audio, it only really will effect the video. If you want to retime both, FCPX is what you want. Also, especially for Motion, I'd convert that MP4 to ProRes before working with it. You'll get much better performance, and maintain much better image quality when it is re-encoded.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2014 3:38 PM in response to roboflobobob

Motion won't do anything to the audio, it only really will effect the video. If you want to retime both, FCPX is what you want. Also, especially for Motion, I'd convert that MP4 to ProRes before working with it. You'll get much better performance, and maintain much better image quality when it is re-encoded.

When I re-time a clip that already has audio, with set speed. The audio of said clip does not change with the videos timing variations. It remains the unaltered and no longer matches the video.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.