Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

less hd space in bootcamp more in parallels

I consider myself an experinced Mac user, but I cannot say the same for windows. I recently put windows 7 on my 2013 Macbook Air through bootcamp. I also have Parallels 8 on my mac side and they are the same partition.

When I am running windows through bootcamp it says I have 1.5 gb free out of 37gb for my bootcamp.

User uploaded file

However when I am running windows through Parallels 8, Windows says that there are 10.2 gb availible

.User uploaded file

I was having this problem before, and I deleted my windows partition and remade it with 40gb rather than 30. there has been no change with my problem.

Additional Info: 256 Gb SSD with Intel Haswell 1.7 GHz i7 processor. Osx Mavericks, Windows 7 and Prallels 8 are all up to date as of 2/17/13

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 17, 2014 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2014 1:55 PM

Disable/set your page swap file to 0 (assuming you have at least 8gb ram) and disable hibernation (Google both)

3 replies

Feb 17, 2014 3:00 PM in response to iclimb7

iclimb7 wrote:

Why isn't all of this enabled by default?

Assuming you meant "disabled":

Because disabling swap space will make your computer very slow if you are doing heavy processing and run up against available ram. Disabling hyphenating is not a good idea either, unless you never are concerned with power saving.

Let Windows set your swap and hybernation configuration.

Your issue is that you are not allocating enough space for Windows. Windows requires at least 60GB, 100GB would be better.

less hd space in bootcamp more in parallels

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.