Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Errors C library install attempted improperly during iTunes update install?

Several times I encoountered an error message indicating that during the iTunes update installation that the C+ library file was atttempted to be installed improperly. I tried to eliminate the errors by uninstalliing iTunes and downloading a new complete iTunes. This would not install either. Tonight the newest version (11.1.4) update message showed up. I tried it, but with the same error messages and the same result: installation failed. Any suggestions?

iPhone 4S, Windows XP, Problem on computer w/ Windows XP

Posted on Feb 17, 2014 6:10 PM

1 reply

Feb 17, 2014 7:29 PM in response to JWMAppleSupportUser

Tonight the newest version (11.1.4) update message showed up. I tried it, but with the same error messages and the same result: installation failed

Rather than using Apple Software Update, we'll try instead using a full installer downloaded from the Apple website.

Uninstall your existing copy of iTunes. Delete any copies of the iTunesSetup.exe (or iTunes64Setup.exe) installer files from your downloads areas for your web browsers and download a fresh copy of the iTunes installer from the Apple website:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

(The current build of the 11.1.4.62 installer was changed a few days ago, which fixed the bulk of the reports of MSVCR80.dll/R6034/APSDaemon.exe/Error-7/AMDS-could-not-start trouble ... but the build number on the installer was not changed. So we're trying to make sure you do the reinstall using a "new good" 11.1.4.62 installer instead of an "old bad".)

Does the install with the new copy of the installer go through properly? If so, does that clear up the error message?

If you still have the same error messages cropping up, then try the procedures from the following user tip:

Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates

Errors C library install attempted improperly during iTunes update install?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.