Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband '11 v6.0.5 very weird glitch! Please help!

When I command-click to draw blank recording space, if it's too close to the beginning of the timeline it shifts every other pre-recorded layer over one measure but keeps the audio only in the same place. So the result is the playback sound does not match the MIDI notes or real instrument recordings. Any new recorded material on new or old layers is automatically shifted down as well, but the playback audio remains in the same spot as it was recorded. To further complicate things, if I move any recorded material around or bring it back to the beginning of the timeline, the playback audio is at a fixed distance away from the recorded material, so the audio moves with it, just not synced to the visible notes or audio waves. I can repeat the problem originator (by command-clicking new recording space too close to the beginning of the timeline) over and over and it shifts every layer over more and more - displacing the audio from the visual bars more and more.

This isn't a one-time occurance either, I had this happen before but I was able to revert to a saved version. My problem is that I saved the project before trying to quit and relaunch Garageband, and now its permanently displaced. I'm hoping there is a fix so I don't have to re-record my whole project. Again, I've tried quiting and relaunching. And I've tried restarting my computer. Any other ideas? Has it happened to anyone else?

-Michael

GarageBand (Mac) '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 17, 2014 6:51 PM

There are no replies.

Garageband '11 v6.0.5 very weird glitch! Please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.